Utility Connections - Getting Connected

It is a tenants responsibility to ensure the power, gas, phone, internet, etc have been connected into your name.

Wanting Us to Get You Connected?

If you have already indicated on your application form what connections you would like us to do on your behalf, we will arrange the connection of utility services for you as soon as possible via Direct Connect. Otherwise let us know, and we will arrange utility connections for you – this is a free service to you!

Should you wish to arrange connections yourself, here are some useful numbers:

Power and Gas

Gas (Gas) 13 13 58
Synergy (Electricity) 13 13 53

Telephone and Internet

Telstra 13 22 00


AAPT 13 88 88


Optus 13 33 45


Vodafone 13 88 88


Changing Address

Please ensure that you have advised all financial institutions, utility services, licensing bodies and other important organisations of your change of address.

Contact Details

Once your new contact details are available (ie. landline phone number and postal address – if different from your residential rental property address) please email these details to us on pm@mresidential.com.au.


Should you wish to copy keys, it is important to note we will need to return all keys provided at the commencement of the tenancy, as well as any extra copies created during your tenancy period. If, for some reason, the locks are changed during the tenancy, you are obligated to provide us with a full new set of keys for property access within 48 hours.

Payment and Lodgement of Your Bond.

Your bond will be lodged with ‘The Bond Administrator’. They will confirm your payment and provide your lodgement number.

Property Condition Report

Please ensure that your signed/amended copy of your property condition report is returned to us within 7 days of having receiving the report. Please be aware that if this is not returned, the original inspection will be used for end of tenancy comparison, regardless of whether you agree to the original report or not.

Tenant Contents Insurance

It is crucial that you organise your own tenant contents insurance. In the event that your goods are damaged or destroyed by circumstances affecting the owner’s property (i.e. fire, storm damage, power outages etc), your goods and possessions are not insured by the owner.